Suzuki 4-stroke DF175AP Outboard Motor
Suzuki's DF175AP incorporates the Drive by Wire Suzuki Precision Control System for easy, smooth and precise throttle and shift operation. The AP model also incorporates Suzuki Selective Rotation which enables the outboard to operate in either clockwise standard rotation or counter clockwise rotation. The DF150AP is based on an inline four cylinder DOHC powerhead with a 2,867cm³ (174.9 cu.in.) displacement. While the large displacement contributes greatly to producing exceptional acceleration and torque, it doesn't mean that they are comparatively larger and heavier in size. On the contrary, Suzuki's engineers have targeted this big block motor to be one of the most versatile four strokes in the 175 HP class. *Now Available in Cool White*
Suzuki Selective Rotation
Suzuki Selective Rotation, the world's first technology that enables switching of gearshift mode of regular rotation and direction of propeller rotation into counter rotation, is adopted for the first time in their class. Upon installing two or more outboards onto a boat, the outboard can be switched into a counter rotation model just by changing gearshift mode and installing counter rotation propeller*1.
Suzuki Precision Control
Precise throttle controls with smoother, decisive shifting is realized by adopting Suzuki Precision Control, a technologically advanced computer based control system that replaces the mechanical control cables found in conventional control systems with electronic wiring that eliminates the source of friction and resistance. When combined with Suzuki's Lean Burn Control System it realizes improvement in fuel economy over a wide operating range from low-speed to cruising.
- Suzuki's "Big Block" in-line four-cylinder engine utilizes a large 2,867cm3 displacement and high compression ratio to generate 129.0kW (175PS) and 110.0kW (150PS) for impressive acceleration and low-end torque.
- Knock and O2 sensors plus a water detecting system provide greater operating reliability.
- Variable Valve Timing System (VVT) increases low- to mid-range torque for superior acceleration.
- Multi-Stage Induction System enhances top-end performance.
- Intake Resonator further reduces operating noise for a quieter running engine.
- Keyless Start System offers easy, stress-free starts and functions as an immobilizer to help deter theft.
- Pearl Nebular Black finish and 3D emblems give these outboards a refined look.